Use this list of resources to help plan your trip to Thailand which includes ideas on where to go and what to see as well as practical advice on flights to Thailand and essential information you need to know for visas and health matters.
When to go
- When is the best time to visit Thailand?
- When is the rainy season?
- Events and festivals to see in Thailand
Where to go
Where to Stay
- Where is the best place to stay in Bangkok?
- Where is the best place to stay in Chiang Mai?
- Where is the best place to stay in Ko Samui?
- Where is the best place to stay in Phuket?
Flights, Insurance & Visas
- Booking flights to Thailand
- Internal flights in Thailand
- Do I need a visa?
- Is travel insurance really necessary?
- What jabs/inoculations do I need?
- Malaria advice
- Rabies advice
- Bringing prescribed drugs into Thailand
- Pharmacies & hospitals in Thailand
Arriving in Thailand
- Fill out your arrival card
- Bangkok airport guide
- Bangkok airport train link
- How to catch a taxi from Bangkok airport
- Can you recommend a hotel near Bangkok airport?
- How do I get from Bangkok airport to Pattaya?
- VIP Buses
- Bangkok bus terminals
- Bangkok Metro
- Bangkok Skytrain
- How much does a Bangkok taxi cost?
- Driving/Hiring a car in Thailand
- How do I book train tickets online?
- Sleeper trains
- How should I dress when visiting temples?
- Do I need to tip?
- Take off your shoes
- The Thai smile
- Traditional Thai greeting – the ‘wai’
Food and Drink
- Is it safe to eat food from street vendors?
- Is it safe to drink the water?
- Is it safe to put ice in my drink?
- Thai food courts
- Tom Yam Kung (spicy shrimp soup)
- Kaeng Khiao Wan (green curry)
- Where is the best place to change money into Thai Baht?
- Should I take cash, credit cards or travellers’ cheques?
- Are there any fees to use an ATM?
- Do I need to tip?
- Should you keep your passport with you at all times when you’re in Thailand?
- Jet ski scams
- Thai attitudes towards safety
- Stray dogs
- Bangkok shopping guide
- How to claim back the tax paid on your purchases before you leave Thailand
- How to haggle in Thailand