Use this list of resources to help plan your trip to Thailand which includes ideas on where to go and what to see as well as practical advice on flights to Thailand and essential information you need to know for visas and health matters.
♦ Accommodation in Thailand: check prices & reviews with Agoda* or Booking.com*
♦ Destinations: where to go in Thailand
♦ Tours: book tours in Thailand with Take Me Tour* or Viator*
♦ Transport: book Thailand transport online with 12GoAsia*
♦ Travel insurance: get cover for your trip to Thailand with World Nomads*
♦ Weather: when is the best time to go to Thailand?
Advice by Destination
When & Where to Go
- 1 week itinerary for Thailand
- 2 week itinerary for Thailand
- When is the best time to visit Thailand?
- When is the rainy season?
- Events and festivals to see in Thailand
- Visiting Thailand in January
- Visiting Thailand in February
- Visiting Thailand in March
- Visiting Thailand in April
- Visiting Thailand in May
- Visiting Thailand in June
- Visiting Thailand in July
- Visiting Thailand in August
- Visiting Thailand in September
- Visiting Thailand in October
- Visiting Thailand in November
- Visiting Thailand in December
- Where is the best place to stay in Bangkok?
- Where is the best place to stay in Chiang Mai?
- Where is the best place to stay in Ko Samui?
- Where is the best place to stay in Phuket?
Flights, Insurance & Visas
- Booking flights to Thailand
- Domestic flights in Thailand
- Fill out your arrival card
- Do I need a visa?
- Is travel insurance really necessary?
Food & Drink
- Is it safe to eat food from street vendors?
- Is it safe to drink the water?
- Is it safe to put ice in my drink?
- Thai food courts
- Tom Yam Kung (spicy shrimp soup)
- Kaeng Khiao Wan (green curry)
Health & Precautions
- What jabs/inoculations do I need?
- Malaria advice
- Rabies advice
- Bringing prescribed drugs into Thailand
- Pharmacies & hospitals in Thailand
- Should you keep your passport with you at all times when you’re in Thailand?
- Avoid the jet ski scams
- Thai attitudes towards safety
- Stray dogs
Language, Culture & Etiquette
- How should I dress when visiting temples?
- Do I need to tip?
- Take off your shoes
- The Thai smile
- Traditional Thai greeting – the ‘wai’
- 9 useful Thai phrases to know
- Thai numbers
- Hearts and minds
- Romantic words and phrases
Transport in Thailand
- Bangkok airport guide
- Bangkok airport train link
- How to catch a taxi from Bangkok airport
- Can you recommend a hotel near Bangkok airport?
- How do I get from Bangkok airport to Pattaya?
- VIP Buses
- Bangkok bus terminals
- Bangkok Metro
- Bangkok Skytrain
- How much does a Bangkok taxi cost?
- Driving/Hiring a car in Thailand
- How do I book train tickets online?
- Sleeper trains